Sino-Canadian International College/Guangxi University/Nanning/South China
WANTS YOU FOR SEPTEMBER 2018!
NO SIGN UP FEE!
• Keen, creative, qualified BA, MA, and PhD Candidates for EFL Academic Writing and Research and Content-based courses
• PLUS curriculum development and professional development roles for all!
• Fluent at English at a native level;
• Minimum BA university degree plus ESL/TEFL/TESOL/TESL certification (face-to-face or online) to teach content courses (see list below);
• Minimum two years teaching experience;
• Actively seeking instructors to teach content courses in: Academic Writing and Research, Research Methods and Statistics, Methodologies in Teaching EFL, Business English, Reading and Composition, Introduction to Literary Studies, Media Studies, Canadian Studies, British and American Literature, Linguistics, the History of English.
• Free, fully-furnished Western individual apartments on the university campus with other foreign teachers and graduate students (pictures provided upon application);
• Monthly salary of 6000 to 9000 RMB, depending on credentials;
• 14,000 RMB travel allowance plus paid vacations (one week in October, five weeks January/February, five-week summer break if you sign a year 2 contract, plus several long weekends throughout);
• Free weekly Mandarin lessons;
• Basic medical coverage as per all GXU employees;
• On arrival airport pickup service by staff and students, plus on-going support;
• Hired candidates paired with current onsite instructors to address questions.
Maximum 18 contact teaching hours (45 minutes), plus 1-hour (60 minute) English Interest Course weekly.
Teach maximum 35 students, sometimes in groups of 20, sometimes combined. TAs often provided for content instructors, providing a great opportunity for assistance on marking and mentoring graduate students. Modern classrooms (pictures provided upon application). Lots of autonomy and scheduling of personal time.
• SCIC/GXU is 17 years old with eager, curious, responsive, dynamic 4-year EFL University students.
• Candidates should be responsible, creative, open, educated people with diverse backgrounds and with knowledge to share.
• Must be keen to work in collegial manner with other like-minded individuals and capable of living outside your comfort zone at times.
• Onsite Human Resources director also teaches onsite at SCIC.
• A great opportunity to develop your CV with tertiary teaching skills to move your EFL teaching career forward.
• Experience a taste of the “real China” with easy access to national and international locations in Asia.
• Singles, couples, more mature as well as younger candidates welcome!
• Really!!! A life-changing experience!
Contact: Sandra Bruce, CFCIE Human Resources Director at [email protected]
with your CV.